Saturday, February 10, 2007

Can work be so important forever??

It should have been a pleasant evening with her. Having waited slightly more than a year for this meal with her, I had her assurance a few days ago that she could make it. This morning, I was in high spirits. Mum was informed I wont be having dinner at home. She guessed I had a date with her. Past noon, I received her sms. She had last min work asking to postpone the date to probably Monday. The word probably appeared bigger than the other wordings in her sms. Can I say no to her? I had to accept, just like in the past. She never compromise whenever her work is involved. If I say I must meet her, she will just ignore me. I didnt have the right to choose. The only route I was given, was to leave her alone and suffer in silence.

I couldnt let myself down for just one incident. The urge to go shopping came. I went to one shopping mall. Entered a boutique and a salesgirl came to help me. Usually, I would prefer to shop without any help. I made an exception. It was her lucky day too, as I made quite a handful of purchases. Not forgetting my hamster, I headed for the petshop to buy him new toys. Reached home with big bags in my hands. Mum is still wondering why I am in such a good mood. Lol.

No comments: