Monday, January 01, 2007

3..2..1.. It's 2007

Based on past trends, the countdown to a new year is usually alone at home. This year, I never expect things to be different. She was finishing work around 9.45 pm last night. I waited for her at the usual pick up point. She agreed to go for satay at Lau Pa Sat, as I was craving for it. Heaven played a trick on us. Just when we started to eat, the rain starts to pour. We had to bring our food to seek for shelter inside the food court.

We took a stroll around Raffles place to get our food digested properly. There was a huge traffic jam along North Bridge Road, as we made our way to Esplanade. Everyone was in high spirits, in anticipation of the fireworks to welcome the new year. We sat on the pavement looking at the sky above Clifford Pier. As the clock struck 12 midnight, the clear sky was covered with fanciful fireworks, accompanied by loud cheers from the crowd. I felt that it was special to see fireworks with her beside me. Even though the dust from the fireworks had cleared, that moment with her will not be cleared from my memories.

No comments: