Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Truth Surfaced

Yesterday, I met her for later part of the day. She was well dressed, a different sweet personality which I havent seen before. Accompanied her to have her hair done up. I dozed off while waiting. When it was done, she woke me up with a big hit on my lap. In my sight was the ravishing hair highlighting, which suits her well. It's a pity that her profession didnt permit her to try out more extreme colours.

I asked her to watch a movie together at Plaza Sing. Unfortunately, it was not screening at both PS and the Cathay. Instead, we settled for dinner at a restaurant located in the basement on the Cathay. Simple and filling for both, plus a 10% discount. Followed by window shopping at Robinson and Takashimaya.

For the first time, I asked if she would like to drink some beer. We seeked out a place at China Square, recommended by her. Ordered a jug of beer to be shared with her. Perhaps, the drinking made us bolder and we shared our feelings. I popped the question if she developed any feelings for me ever since I stated my intent to court her. She shook her head sideways, and wished for us to remain as good friends. Uncontrollable tears wetted my eyes, as my slimmest hope was smashed. The reply wasnt surprising, but my heart couldnt cope with that sudden blow at that moment. I heard her story as well and shared her sorrows. I had more beer to drown my sorrows. In the end, I did see her home as usual despite my semi-conscious self. I was home drunk, with only my mind still clear about the happenings.

No comments: