Saturday, June 03, 2006

Feelings of Tempt

As I was revising my studies today, I remembered J mentioned about a dinner gathering which they will be having in the evening. Sent him an sms to confirm where they will be having it. The temptation to divert from my books was great. But, I was hesitant about joining due to time constraint. In the end, I sticked to my priority to revise for this half-yearly exam. It was a tough decision to choose either having good food or better exam results. I hoped they had a good time, despite my absence. An application form for a UOB corporate card was given to me with my company's endorsement. Never expected this to be an entitlement to me, since I am holding a finance position. I was contemplating to sign up for the card, with due consideration of its annual fees waiver. Will credit cards help to improve my life or develop bad habits of spending? My bro has been carrying a huge debt owing to credit card companies, which I have learnt a lesson through his bad experiences. I shall send in the application and keep my spending under control. Probably, the various discounts that I can get thru its usage may save me more money than making purchases without it.

2 comments:

Paul said...

It was great. Huiyu was asking abt u. Haha.

anak rahmat said...

generally.. it will be a habit.. and after that it will be controlling u instead of the other way round..
i suggest u dun get it unless u are really ok with it... it will be a pt of no return..