Saturday, June 17, 2006

Missing Out

During the week, I received a letter from UOB about rejecting my corporate card application. They stated they had given due consideration, but I didn't meet the minimum salary requirement by MAS. Perhaps, it's time I give due consideration to withdraw all my savings with UOB. After all, their interest rates have not been competitive.

For 2 consecutive fridays, I planned to go Marina Square to pick a model kit to work on. Lady Luck has not been with me and I had to forgo hobby for overtime work. Sad thing to happen. A good thing that I wasn't alone with the company of my colleague. She had her own work problems to be troubled about. Its near 2 months since we both joined, but there are still many things to pick up.

Reached home last night to see my dad catching the World cup match (Argentina v Serbia & Montenegro). Sat down with him to see the second half. Based on Argentina's performance, I am certain they can progress quite far in this tournament. To play my part as a supporter, I have placed a small bet on them being the crowned champion.

It came to my mind that I didnt purchase pc games for quite a while. I have zoomed down to 2 choices, namely "Rush for Berlin" and "Heroes 5". My preference would be "Rush for Berlin", as I am fond of playing real time strategy games. "Heroes 5" has a high review rating to contest my decision. Quite a hefty price of 50 dollars to pay for an original game. I need to get my money worth on the right game to purchase.

No comments: