Saturday, October 07, 2006

Money In < Money Out

I was expecting Singapore Mint to be at my Community Club offering coin exchanging service. The 1st 1000 pcs would be free of charge. An opportunity to get rid of the 5-cent coins and other coins in my piggy bank. If any bank does the exchange, they would charge you regardless of any situation.

I joined the queue, with about 20 people in front of me. Most people didnt sort out the denominations and disputed the error counts from the machines. I thought it was absurd. Singapore Mint should have thrown out those people who dont follow rules, or at least make them count on the spot. My transaction got through smoothly and I could tallied every count of the different denominations with my precount numbers. Those bulky coins made me richer by $100+ in notes.

A sudden thought of new office wear came to my mind. I made a trip to Metro, which I like to patronise for office clothings. I made a purchase of 2 formal long sleeves and 1 casual one, totalling near $200. Within a few hours, my cash outflow has surpassed my inflow. There was a saying, "Something Comes Something Goes".

3 comments:

Shionge said...

Hmm....any idea when's the next exchange?

Hmm...so you overdrafted :D Well, at least you have some new clothes too ya?

Richie said...

I believe there are 2 more places SG mint would go. They are Tampines & Marine Parade CC. You are interested? Can check it out at their website. I am giving my wardrobe a little revamp. Hehe.

Richie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.