Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dining in New York

I headed for Cityhall to meet her after work. I had some thoughts of her reactions after I asked her a question previously. I got her answer, and was dead convinced. My mind was restless about any awkward situation to arise between her and me. I am still happy to remain as her friend. Some friends commented that I should persist on. Does it really help to be persistent towards love? Sometimes, persistence may contradict with happiness. I would prefer the latter.

She arrived early, as i waited outside the restaurant "New York" inside CityLink. It was a new concept worth trying, although they serve common western food. To my surprise, she never ask her best fren along. A silly question popped out of my mouth to ask why she didnt ask her along. There was no intention in asking that. We ordered about 3 dishes to satisfy our hunger, which we couldnt even finish. Tummy filled and I gave her a treat this time. She agreed to treat me the next time round.

I had to buy a gift for a friend, whose birthday is approaching. She agreed to come along to advise on the gift. She has good taste, concluding from her dress sense. It didnt take long before we decided on one. She offered to do the quality check on the product before I made payment. From this point onwards, I am certain that our friendship was still intact.

No comments: