Thursday, September 28, 2006

Self Assessment

Had been occupied with budgetary and forecasting work for the past 2 weeks. Ironically, the parent company requested us to attend a 2-day training for the year end approaching. Time was insufficient, everyone in the co had to attend it reluctantly. It wasnt such a bad thing for me, as I am always a keen learner. I didnt meet anyone for these 2 weeks, other than attending night classes. I needed a cooling down period. There are many issues roaming in my mind and I felt unsettled. I am doing a self review for the past year currently, drafting out a plan for next 2 years.

To name a few issues such as:
- relationships
I have witnessed a few relationship breakups around me. Does it mean that a relationship is hard to sustain? I am a victim of an unsustainable relationship too. Not giving up hope, but I shall shelve any plan to source a potential.

- studies
A bad patch hit me and disrupted my progress in pursuant of a degree. The first paper, which I failed in my entire study life, wasnt a nice thing to experience. I felt I can do better, so I shall commit more time to my studies from now on.

- career
I have been considering a career change from accounting to tax. Not contemplating a job switch, but just a change in job scope. There was no commitment required. My boss just wanted me to do something of my own interests.

- family commitments
In the next 2 years, my dad would be approaching retirement. How can I provide more for my parents' old age? I am always trying to contribute as much as I can. If my studies are completed, my contribution can be increased with the funds available. If I really meet my ideal girl, would I be able to fund my own wedding expenses? I need to work this out.

3 comments:

Kazzzzzzz said...

well, ur dad's still young, from the way you put it. My dad retired in 2001, but cos he's the type who cannot stay still at home, he decided to get himself a part time job, part to while away time and part to pay for his expensive bird-rearing hobby. Keeps him alert too, I must say. Hee.

Glad you're already planning your path, perhaps it's a job hazard for accountants? Hee. Work hard, and may the force be with you. (^_^)

Dalicia said...

maintaining relationship is not easy.
i don't care to think about it.

i'm sure your dad has saved up money for retirement. i mean, of course he's an adult and he knows that he shouldn't spend his money frivilously. the more money you give...the more the person will spend. don't know how to advice you. my dad is always me to give more...

Richie said...

Rebec ~ I hope I can realise some plans soon. May the force be with u too.

Elaine ~ It is unfortunate that my dad didnt plan well. I foresee problems when he stops working. I usually hand money to my mum, rather than my dad. I do have some reserves to tide me over a period if the worst happens.