Monday, September 04, 2006

Being Stacked Upon

It's the first day back to my work desk, after going on a break. Not surprising to see my In tray stacked with plenty of documents. My colleagues welcomed my comeback and highlighted something was missing for a week, as I like to joke while working. Another piece of news was the lady, who is often associated with me, had asked my whereabouts and they joked that she must be missing me alot. Anyway, I have been treating her like a sister. I cant figure out why she likes addressing me as Richard 哥, as I am younger than her. Haha.

Jokes aside. I had to clear that pile of documents as fast as possible. I started with those that was meant for filing. The challenge was to catch up my work in the shortest time, and proved that my work was only slightly affected. I am in the midst of preparing Budget 2007 for the company and some presentation slides. During my absence, there were changes in the assumptions and a revision of the Budget was required. Some reporting work was submitted to Cat, as I assured her that I could clear it in the morning. Due to our work being closely related, it was a relief to her for me to be around. She hoped I won't fall sick due to stress and extend my absence. :P

By end of the day, I had normalised my working pace. Supposed to finish the presentation slides for a meeting tomorrow, but I chucked it aside. Went Jurong Point GV to see "The Devil Wears Prada" with Pat. This was the first time to see her in specs since we know each other. She would fit better as a 才女 with this appearance. Hope she is not reading this. The show did provided an insight to my life, that a career is not as important as family and friends. Pursuing a career without support from family and friends is not a situation I want to be in. She was in a rush to head back to hostel after the show. I couldnt pursuade her to let me cover the ticket costs, but I shall treat her the next time. It was a nice gesture for her to reject her friends to catch this one with me.

No comments: