Sunday, September 03, 2006

Strangers No More

While I was idling in camp one night, the thought of smsing F to request for a date came to my mind. Wondering how she would react to my request? Since I only knew her online, I hope to see her in person. 不管三七二十一. No try No date. Haha. Her reply came and my heart was pounding. To the contrary, she agreed directly. Of coz, I would expect her to bring a fren along to make her more comfortable. Today was the meetup and I was anxious. When u meet a stranger the first time, u wont know what is expected of u. Just hope to present myself to lay a good first impression upon her.

We arranged to catch a show together, but seems none was interesting. They were delayed and I walked the entire Plaza Sing at least 2 times before they smsed me on their arrival. Saw them walking towards my direction and didnt know F was fun loving. Haha. Her fren, M, was friendly too. We had a heavy lunch at Cafe Cartel, as agreed among ourselves. We learnt more about each other's lifestyles and shared some career thoughts. F has a plan to further her studies, which I hope she succeeds in.

A short period of time spent for a meal but fruitful. They had other appointments to rush to, while I took a bus ride home. Sent her a Thank You sms, telling her that it was a good start to bypass the boundary of strangers. Well, a good ending has its bad side as well. My best fren wasn't having a good day, but I am unable to provide her with any comfort whatsoever. Does it show that I am a lousy friend? I know she didnt want me to be affected by her. Friends are around to show care n concern when there is a need. That is what true friendship represents.....

No comments: