Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Day specially for R

This evening had finally arrived after a month of waiting. Around 4pm, the weather turned bad and started a heavy downpour. Heaven playing tricks on me. I prayed hard. It stopped slightly past 5.30. There was still time for everyone to make it. Hehe.

The timing was exactly 6.30pm. Most of them were punctual, except for some who got delayed by their own commitments. I requested for those present to wait a while more, so that everyone could have their meals at the same time. Fortunately, the food was served at the appropriate time. It was my treat to let everyone had a good time interacting with each other. As a host, I probably could have done a better job. The introduction part was a bit messed up, as the table was lined up in twos. Overall, I thought the guests were enjoying themselves. The bill was the most expensive budget that I ever catered for an event, but the planning was worth it.

It was a wonderful evening that I never dream of celebrating my birthday before. Used to prefer celebrating with ling previously. But, this year she was not around. Maybe, she would never celebrate for me again. But, thanks to my frens, I managed to see the bright side after the dark clouds are cleared.

No comments: