Thursday, August 31, 2006

Significant COC Parade

The biggest event for the whole ICT was the Change in Command Parade scheduled at 5pm this evening. I was one of the many selected to be part of the main contingent. There would be a full day rehearsal before the actual event. We went for an early breakfast at 6 am, when the sun had not rise. I drew out my rifle from the armskote for the arms drill. Missed my "wife" very much to rendezvous with. Hehe.

I changed into my parade uniform and brought my wife to the parade square. The army uniform has changed over the period of time. Now, we have our vocation batch on our collar, formation batch on the right shoulder and singapore batch on our left chest. Most guys wont like to put on the uniform. However, a sense of pride develops in me whenever I dawn the beryl green colours.

For hours, we rehearsed many times to get things right. My legs still aching from yesterday's running test, were feeling the effects of long hours of standing. The consolation was a cooling weather to hover over the parade square. The hard work paid off eventually, as the incoming commander praised us for giving him a warm welcome. He will be leading us for the next 3 years. Although it has been a long day, compliments from the commander was the most encouraging for many.

No comments: