Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Counselling to Write Better

Today marked the end of a 2 day course organised by British Council. Would it improve the quality of my letters and emails in future? I did received a handful of pointers to make my purpose of writing clear and concise. To attend such courses, you must be prepared to accept criticism of ur submissions. There was hardly any instances to get away with a perfect answer. A certificate was given by the speaker to each individual who completed the course. I had my copy, but the name printed was wrong. What went wrong is a puzzle unsolved. The amendment was done swiftly and I got the proper one. Overall, it was worth the sacrifice of office hours to enrich myself. I believe I will be more efficient in drafting letters from now on. A tip to anyone is to write using plain english than bombastic english. The vocabulary can be impressive, but the purpose of the letter may not be obvious.

No comments: