Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Happy 41st Birthday to My Nation

It's the annual 9th of August that all Singaporeans are proud of. 41 years ago, Singapore announced its independence. Every year on this day, I stay home to wait for the NDP parade to be screened on tv in the evening. For the record books, this year was an exception.

Pat was willing to catch the movie "Fast & Furious 2" with me. Haha. It was not easy to ask her out by the way. Her schedule was packed by her NIE training. I went to causeway point earlier to collect the tickets in advance. The theatre has shifted its location and I was unaware of that. Got to depend on the direction signs. She arrived just in time to enter the theatre. The show kicked off with very loud music. Many intense driving scenes and drivers performing drifts. I can only admire, as I cant perform those in real driving. But, I do play videogames and do those stunts.

After that, Pat suggested to go clementi Kbox for a singing session. She wanted to practise her vocal for a singing competition. It was a good opportunity to train my vocal too. I never sang so many songs in a 3 hr session before. She wanted me to try singing without stressing my throat. It's a hard technique to master though. Had a great time spent with Pat and I hope she felt the same way as well.

No comments: