Monday, August 28, 2006

Reporting to Serve My Nation

7 months have passed since my In Camp Training(ICT) in early Jan this year. Memorable memories have surfaced each time the battalion gathers for a training. Every callup has its specific objectives to be met. Accomplishing those would make everyone feel fulfilling. As the saying goes, "Unity is Strength". Companionship is something which motivates me to achieve more than necessary.

With this strong belief, I reported to Yishun Camp at 7am. The in-processing progressed smoothly and there were missing personnel who failed to report for duty. The first day was catered for admin matters. That meant lots of waiting due to the big group. The battalion has roughly 400 personnels. It's pleasant to see the common faces of my army buddies. We make it a point to attend each ICT without fail, so that we share the good n tough times together. I forgot to mention that I am a signaller by vocation. So, communication via radio or line is my bread n butter. Of course, if the equipment fails, there is always smsing thru the mobile. Haha.

Was briefed on the training programme for the next 3 days and our key objectives. We went to our assigned bunks to unpack our stuff. My army buddies picked me as the bunk IC, whom they felt was most suitable. My first task was to ensure everyone has a pillow case, bedsheet and blanket. In the evening, everyone was allowed to book out. But, I chose to stay behind with two friends. The time n cost to travel defeated the purpose of going home to sleep in my own comfy bed. We did a slight catching up and everyone had an early rest.

No comments: