Saturday, October 28, 2006

Wonderful Batam Experience


I just got home from Harbour Front Centre. As I have written, I was on an overnight trip to Batam. We had to thank Ria, my colleague for seeing to all the arrangments. Although it was only a short trip, we had sufficient good food and proper shopping. What happen in the last 24 hours?

We took a Penguin Ferry from Harbour Front, which took about an hour to reach Batam Center. The rocky ferry feeling made 2 colleagues felt nauseous, but it didnt spoilt their appetite for seafood. The GM at our Batam industrial park had chartered a driver cum van to bring us around. Our next destination was a seafood restaurant located at a kelong. Such a pity that it was too dark to see anything out in the sea. Knowing malay is helpful if anyone wish to visit Batam in future. Fortunately, Ria was around to order the food for us. There were too much food for everyone, which left me with the plate of chilly crabs to finish alone. The final bill was about 1 million rupiah, way cheaper than dining in SG. We were driven to our 4-star hotel, Island Garden Hotel, to rest for the night. Some colleagues wanted to play cards. However, they discovered I was already in dreamland before they even started. Hehe.

Early this morning, we were having a nice breakfast at the hotel restaurant. After a short rest, we went to the nearby massage parlour within walking distance. I had the Traditional Thai massage costing Rp73,000. The masseuse did a decent job making me feel revitalised and got my tip of Rp50,000. It was her lucky day. Following that, we were brought to 3 shopping centres consecutively to make our purchases. My best buy was a jersey. As recommended by VP, I paid Rp45,000 for a facial plus mask. Time flew by and we are on the way back to SG via the same ferry service.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

How you find ideas for articles, I am always lack of new ideas for articles. Some tips would be great