Monday, April 24, 2006

Commencement Day

1st work day after the long break. Woke up later than my intended time. I will slowly get accustomed to the early hours of work. Expected to know many colleagues, who I shall be working with. Introduced to everyone in the office from the top management to the junior clerks. The lady who brought me around was Spring. Nice name. My work desk was nicely set up for my work convenience. Quite fortunate to be given a Pentium 4 PC with LCD monitor. I am certain that it would contribute to my work efficiency. Stationeries were properly laid out inside my pedestal. Email address has been created too. The HR and IT dept has been doing a great job for the company in my view. All female colleagues in finance dept, except for the CFO. But, mostof them are attached or married for everyone's info. Hehe.. The FM gave me some files to browse through for figuring out how to close the accounts before end of the week. Seems the wrong timing to join the company, but its a new learning process. The opportunity to try out consolidated accounts is a plus for me. My namecard has been requested for printing, which I didnt expect to be entitled to. For the rest of the week, I would be rushing to finish the accounts to make an immediate impact on my superiors on my job capabilities.

No comments: