Friday, May 19, 2006

Inevitable Meeting - Part 3

Received an email from Lingsi that her annual audit has come to an end, which meant that we would be meeting after waiting for many years. Her promise fulfilment gave me a heartfelt consolation. After all, our friendship has been quite long lasting, which started 13 years ago. But, our number of meetings could be counted using our fingers. We agreed to bring forward the meeting after last night conversation to reduce her tight schedule next week. Headed for bugis junction after a long day of budgeting headache at work. The train was so packed, nearly caused me to be late. She had a liking for jap food and I compromised to her request. Finally saw her without contact lens, not withstanding that her same personality still exist. Went to a jap restaurant with a non-enticing menu, consisting of main courses mostly with few choices of small dishes. Settled for Sakae, which was more appealing. I used to avoid this place due to some bad memories, but not anymore. Shared a big feast, until I struggled to finish the last dish. To mention a few dishes we had: Ebi Tempura Ramen, 山菜, soft shell crabs, chicken katsu, fried maki, etc... Was the atmosphere as cold as she foreseen? Probably not, since we chatted about the past, present and future. Really hope to attend her wedding soon, since I didnt attend any wedding dinner since 2004. Got the hint? But, she has many obstacles to clear first. Her bf picked her up to see her home. Could he be thinking I am a dangerous person to be with? If he don't show care and concern for her, maybe I help him in the near future? Hehe. I took the train home with the company of my MP3 player. Was this meetup as sweet as honey?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:O)
thank u for ur blanja, mr neopoet :p
next appt genki sushi, ok?

;0)thanks for the xinfu evening u have given mi :)
the evening was sweeter than honey. think i am going to be diabetic :p

u've chosen a very appropriate picture :> pooh bear!

We know our stand in this friendship, so there is no way we can step out of boundary.
maybe my bf shld be thankful that i got such a confidant to enlighten his load