Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Should a new journey commence?

It is approaching 6 months since my last relationship has ended. Within this period of time, I got to know many friends, whom I treasured their friendships. There were times when I felt helpless without being with my loved one. The first relationship has left a permanent scar within myself. Knew another girl during the recovery period, whose stead has forsake her for some reason. Through our communication, I could feel that she is the type of girl, which I have been looking for. I met her for the first time as I mentioned. Her appearance surprised me, as her shy behaviour did not complement her chubby character. After this meetup, I felt that I should ask her out on a frequent basis to build up a relationship. At the same time, my heart is feeling heavy. Before I approach further, I am afraid to face up to any possibility of rejection. If she feels awkward towards my approach, I may end up losing a good friend in the process. Maybe, that's the price to pay. If the outcome is good, I would be a happy man. Otherwise, I could be dealt with another heavy blow to my heart. Has the time come for another love to blossom? How would she feel if I reach out to hold her hands suddenly on a date?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about the girl whom you had just met the other day? If so, dude take my advice ie 'LOVE CANNOT BE HURRIED & IF SHE IS YOURS, YOU DON'T HAVE TO HURRY, ANYWAY'. Go out with her just as a friend without any other feelings for at least a year, and see how things go from there!

This is how you will not suffer another blow out of hastiness! There are a lot of singles out there who are happy, you too can be one. No point seeking love hastily and hurt the heart.

Dalicia said...

eventhough you have strong feelings for her. you don't know how she feels....so, take it easy....get to know her first. only way is, show that you care about her a lot. give her a lot of attention. if she likes that...then u know she likes you :)

i didn't know it was hard on the guy! i thought woman only have that problem

Anonymous said...

holding hand suddenly might scare her, especially since u said you've only met her once.... how about knowing her better first? It's hard to contain feelings if they're strong, but at least test waters to see her receptiveness first and dun scare away a potential confidant ba...

Richie said...

Bypass ~ My philosophy is opposite from yours, which is what is mine will never be mine. Haha. I wont be having any commitments until I am certain that her character really suits me well.

Elaine ~ I really dunno how she feels, even though she already knows that my liking towards her is getting deeper. She has read all these posts by the way. But, I am cool headed. If you know me well, I am a guy in physique and girl at heart. Haha.

Anonymous ~ My feelings are bottled up and waiting to explode for her. I wont attempt silly moves to scare her. That was just a thought.

Paul said...

Fren, be cool, u have my support as a 9 year buddy.