Friday, February 24, 2006

Twists of Fate

How many twists can I face this year? At the beginning of the year, I was sadden about knowing my results by end of Feb. Hence, I decided to forgo my work for my studies. I targetted my last working day as 28 Feb to catch up my studies after that day. Last week, the results were out. I did made through that paper. I felt lucky for the amount of effort, which I had put in. Yesterday, some colleagues were asking me to extend my last working day for another 2 weeks. Even the 2 new understudy were also asking me to do them a favour. 2 managers spoke to me this morning as well. Should I really helped them? I don't know. Should I turn my back on everyone, which I cant bring myself to do it? But if I really extend, there are some normal duties which I am unwilling to attend to. I am very confused. Like in the past, I always hear negative comments about others who left. By extending, will anyone appreciate it or I will still earn myself more negative comments? I spent the whole day pondering, even as I still need to coach the 2 ladies. I guessed everyone wanted me to help the ladies, but who has ever spare a thought for me????

6 comments:

Paul said...

I feel that u shld nt stay as they din spare a thot 4 u. U had given them advance notice.

Feel tt u done enuff.

DARLing said...

DONT STAY BE FIRM >>. !!!!!!!!! u know wat i mean ..

Richie said...

My friends. I did an extension of 2 weeks. I cant bear to see so many people suffer when I depart. So, I do everyone one last favour.

Anonymous said...

Your decision to extend isn't desirable! By doing so, u gave your managers and others colleagues the impressions that you are too soft! It's time to stand firm. So long as you have serve sufficient notice and deliver your best, you need not have to care so much. I bet after the 2 weeks' extn, if things still crop up, they would ask you to do them a favour again. Don't tell me, you will stay again.

Richie said...

Bypass ~ Nope. If that time comes, i wont stay anymore. Thanks for the advice and concern.

Paul said...

Was not surprised that u told me u r staying & till the day before we r departing for our trip.

I feel they r just making use of u. sometimes u have to be firm.