Wednesday, February 01, 2006

28 days Countdown

After a long rest, this was the first day of work after the lunar new year. Early morning, the managers had come in to welcome the lion dance. It has been a tradition over the years to bring good blessings. I almost got a fright when the lion approached me to give me blessings. I was concentrating too hard on my work probably. Time passes swiftly and lunch was catered for by the company. Not a bad caterer being engaged, as many enjoyed their food. Around 2 pm, there was an urgent money draft to prepare for remittance to the US. The M asked me to tag along, so that I could provide the details if there was a need to. The processing time by DBS required 30 mins and we had coffee at Anchorpoint to kill off the waiting time. Had a heart to heart talk with M, stating some things which I tink she should be aware of the recent staff turnover. I hope the company can provide better working conditions for the new staff they hired. She also shared some insights on the political scene within the dept. She knew me well enough to know why I really wished to go and offered her best wishes. Back in the office after collecting the money draft, I brought the letter to submit in. My M was glad that I had opted not to offset my remaining leave against my 1 mth period. She compromised on paying me for the unused leave, which I felt comfortable with. The company server shutting down at 7.30 pm, which explained my early arrival at home.

4 comments:

Paul said...

If you can continue with this timing everyday for the next 28 days, I can say its a good way to say goodbye to this dirty job.

DARLing said...

28 my fav number ..
then some more some one arriving home bfore 9! miracle is happening
Good year 2006

Richie said...

Paul ~ I like my job and I shall finish before I go off. No matter how dirty it can get.

Darl ~ I do get home early in my 1st yr at work. Then on, assigned responsiblity got bigger. Not a miracle.

Paul said...

u 2 siao on liao.