Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Nokia 6260 demise, Motorola V3i emerges

This morning I woke up pondering on whether my mobile should be going to the scrapyard. It has been performing below par, as I have to charge 4 times in the past 4 days. Seems battery life has been unstable and phone hanged sometimes. I was browsing the M1 webpage for other models. I think I should not be going for the low-end ones anymore. I had several options on hand:
1) Sony Ericsson W900i
2) Motorola V3i
3) Nokia 8800
I did some cashflow calculations and managed to set a budget of $800, nothing more but the lesser the merrier. I went to the M1 shop at Westmall to view the above models and requested some info about purchasing each models based on different situations. Most of the situations either exceeded my budget or upgrading of existing plan was needed. I had an intention to jump ship to Starhub, when my M1 contract has lapsed. The reason is I will enjoy hubber bonus for having the mobile line, to go with my Maxonline and MaxTV. Hence, upgrading of plan is a no no. The final decision is Motorola V3i. Considering trade-in as the best alternative, I would actually get a rebate of $250 for the N6260. Although it has been with me for over a year, it was parting time. Haha. The intention was to purchase it at full retail price less my trade-in. When it was my turn to be served, the sales officer recommended that I purchased the phone with the M kit. This would further reduce the overall costs by another $35. I thought I looked too honest for her not to recommend such a nice offer. :p Without hesitation, I accepted the offer and surrendered over my N6260. Within less than 20 mins, I am finished with the procedures and got my new mobile. Yuppie. Came home playing with the functions and familiarise myself with the keystrokes via smsing with my fren. I hope this phone would not disappoint me, as I never held a Motorola model in my entire mobile life. For the time being, I would be pining my hopes on you.

6 comments:

Kazzzzzzz said...

that phone is a stable one. 2 of my friends have been using it and so far no problems at all. (^_^)

Richie said...

Rebec ~ thanks for striking more confidence in motorola. u work for them? haha.

Paul said...

Motorola & Samsung hps are good 1s. It is very lasting. Better than e stupid Nokia.

DARLing said...

wwoo making me so jealous eveyone geting new one !
*FAint*

Richie said...

Darl ~ if i hav a choice to hang on to the previous one, i would. it just gets worse. u encountered how it got cut off during a conversation.

Paul said...

Haha. Nokia sux big time