Friday, January 27, 2006

Crazy but consolation

Anyone is wondering where I was the last 2 days? I had been caught in office facing stacks of work. I came into the office today, hoping things wont turn bad. Both my seniors are not around, which means I am the next backup for both of them. I had applied for half day leave to see my fren, as well as to relax myself. The whole week has been chaotic, and this break was a much needed one. The half day before noon was so packed, that I am sighing every 5 mins. I guessed all my good colleagues were worried for me. I am always trying my best to do whatever I can, even when I know I cant. God has to bless me for working so hard.
In the noon at 1pm, I was in a rush to meet her. But, my FC held me back to do something urgent again. Why must it always happen when I hope nothing will? I was fuming, but keeping cool to finish it for her. She just won't understand why I am so determined to go. She can enter the office at 11am every morning and expect people to rush things for her. Even my lunchtime was jeopardised on several occasions due to her. I met her at the platform as always, and saw her new look. She had done it for the new year, which I felt its different. Girls like to have a different hairdo every new year. Hehe. We went to the restaurant that we both wished to try the food. It is usually packed on weekends, but we got in relatively easy. Wanted to try almost everything on the menu, but it was too much for both of us. My appetite has a certain limit, and work has spoilt it further. Wondered why the food was attracting her to taste it like in a commercial ad? After filling our tummy, we went for some window shopping to see what she is lacking for this new year. I am contented with what I have bought last week. At one moment, I mentioned I was admiring her feet more than what she was trying on. Haha. She smiled while turning away. We ended up at Raffles City to have our dinner. It was a long walk from our starting location, but I couldn't feel it with her around. We both agreed that the half day seems like a full day spent together. I couldn't see her home, but she understood that it was pretty late. I have to work even on CNY eve. Is God trying to kill my work passion?

No comments: