Friday, January 06, 2006

Big Bang for 2006

Just got back home from a gruelling 4 days reservist. Time to get updates from reading everyone's blogs. Darl, Rebec and Paul all have pretty heavy emotions when I was away. As I always will say, stay calm and solve any problem with a quiet mind. I know carrying it out is not simple in many circumstances, but I wish everyone can tide over their problems and stay close in times of need. I shall be documenting down my past few days happenings to share:

3 Jan (In Processing Day)

I reached camp early at 7.30 and was directed to the exact reporting location. Upon reaching destination, I found that the directional signs had messed up by leading people to a big u turn, instead of a direct way. Too bad I am a victim already. Haha. And carrying my big load for such a distance is no laughing matter. Had a lot of admin matters such as room and equipment allocation to process and briefings occurs continously one after another. Had a good sleep and expecting more to come.

4 Jan (IPPT and IMT Day)

We had to gather for our IPPT at 7.30 am sharp. However, the programme was delayed due to many not cooperating well enough. It is understandable, as many is learning to adapt to the early hours of waking up. I had my fair shot at passing the test, but I guessed my body conditioning was not good enough to yield the results. In the noon, we had a practice on the computer shooting simulator to get everyone accustomised to the actual day sequence. It was more like an arcade for everyone to get serious matters off your mind. It was raining heavily and we hope for tomorrow is a sunny one.

5 Jan (Range Day)

Today is our combat shooting day. The package was a special one, which everyone have not attempted in our NS days. In the past, everything is about individual performance. Today, a group of six have to excel together to get similar results. Imagine your pals having to engage targets for u when u are short of bullets. My good pals and I were in the same group and we had a lot of trust in one another. The shoot has day and night tests, which will determine a marksmanship team after the total score is out. I had a nice day shoot results, hitting all 15 targets given with all my 15 rounds. My team mates were all hoping our group can hit marksmanship. But the night shoot was unbelieveable. It was a horrible one and everyone were demoralised by our own shooting. We were all trying to find our targets, but visibly was so low and most of us just could engage any. It was a nice team effort, but disappointing results. This is the team spirit that I always wanted in all the things I do.

6 Jan (Out Processing Day)

This is my last day with my camp mates. We will miss the good times together, and carry on our civilian lives for about 7 mths till we meet again. I am having a gathering with 5 camp mates for our post reservist celebrations tomorrow, which we failed to have last year. Thanks to everyone for the good memories every incamp. Haha.

6 comments:

DARLing said...

WELcome welcome back
too bad there is no biscuit for me!
Ghees
glad u are taking this as a play

Paul said...

Back to class 1st b4 back 2 work. I think ur work piling up even as u decide to execute your big plan.

Kazzzzzzz said...

sounds packed... amazing you're still together! (mind n body, that is...)

Richie said...

Darl ~ why u like the biscuit so much? I promise to help u locate it ok?

Paul ~ The whole dept is falling part. I am jus a part of it. Hehe.

Rebec ~ I am just one of the few who likes army life. So spirits are always high.

Paul said...

The Khong Guan Biscuit so hard 1. Eeks!

DARLing said...

richi ~ Love love ..... hugs ...

Paul ~ i just love the hardness of the biscuit ... Haaa