Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

This day was meant to be unlucky for me from past experiences. I was expecting to see an email in my office when I arrived. Opened my mailbox eagerly to see if that sender's name was there. The message was slightly longer, but I am contented jus to see a simple email. A sales colleague was asking about her mum's home cooked food, which she offered me for my dinner last night. I was teasing if her mum did asked who the food was intended for. I was grateful to her for saving my hunger and wished for more to come. Had a long chat about managing people with my AM. He mentioned that some people are a pain in the neck and tough managing them. Being a friend and holding a higher position, it is very hard to insist on things when you consider friendship. I am facing this situation myself and is learning to cope with it. Too focused on my work without knowing that it's time to knocked off. Ignoring my friends who joked about my staying back, I just carried on. When my FC is about to leave, I would be helping her to carry her things to her car. However, I was discussing things with a sales girl at the same moment. Never will I expect to hear my FC telling her to wait until I have helped her carried her things!! It is very ridiculous for a pioneer to command respect, when you don't respect your own staff. I did not have much choice, since she is my top. When I returned from the errand, the sales girl consoled me for being in a tough position. I am becoming more upset and an early submission is hovering in my mind. Sms my fren about this matter and received immediate response. I was told to go back early to rest, but tomorrow is not a half day for me anymore.

4 comments:

DARLing said...

maybe just feel tat he is a DOG craxy one HOWLing...
hahaaaaaaaaaaaa
Wow .. long email lei... TOUCHED ?

Richie said...

Yes. it is most welcomed in the early hours of the day. Very touching indeed.

DARLing said...

u are touched everywhere by HER !!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Richie said...

Dunno if she is touched by me everywhere also?