Monday, January 09, 2006

Reporting for Duty

Got on the train at 7.40 am at my station to head for Queenstown. Alighted and took a stroll to Komoco Building (Hyundai). It has been a week since my day will start like this. I like the feeling of looking smart in office wear, especially due to my profession. I was thinking of how my colleagues are missing my presence in the office. Rather foolish, as everyone cares for themselves. A relief to see my work desk neat and tidy, except for a fully stacked in-tray. I learnt that the sales has been held to a standstill, as they never got the chance to approach my colleague to help in the admin matters. I sympathized them, though I knew they deserved that for not being independent. Being the Mr Nice guy that I am in their eyes, I called their supervisor to arrange for each sales person to see me in an orderly manner to allow me to better focus on individual cases. Very messy indeed, but had to clear it regardless of the time required. Got an email from a fren informing us of his last day with us, and I wished him luck.
Received a call to meet up in the evening. It was sweet. With that in mind, I motivated myself to speed up clearing the rest of the work. My belief is if you have a goal, you will achieve more. At about 6.30pm, I was rushing for time and had to leave via taxi. Before leaving, I remembered about bringing my windbreaker due to cold weather. Got to my destination and went around to shop for CNY clothings while waiting. Waited and played with sms to kill time. Saw a few couples having arguments, and recalled my past memories. I got some CNY cards to prepare for mailing to my friends. Have you got yours? I always make use of CNY to remember that valentine's day is shortly after it. But, I have no more valentine. I hope I won't crack down looking at couples on 14 Feb. Met my fren around 7.45pm and had a quick but filling dinner. It was the first time I met up wearing office wear, wondering if I am presentable. Haha. As the night was early and tomorrow is a public holiday, we went for a movie together, which ended around 11pm. Decided to see her home, as it is dangerous for a person to be walking alone at such late hours. Managed to catch all the last trains to give me a smooth ride home. Reaching home, everyone was sleeping soundly, Made a phone call and did a declaration, which I didnt know if it is right or wrong. I just wanted to let it off my chest. I hope it won't result in a bad consequence.

9 comments:

Paul said...

Will be getting my limited no of CNY cards soon.

Anonymous said...

whatever declaration you made, it must have taken loads of courage.. Hmmmm... Brave soul, and gentleman for sending a lady home. Few are chauvanistic these days...

Don't dwell so much on unhappiness; why not focus on the sweet future?

After all, mistakes are 1-time investments - they are made so we won't make them again...

DARLing said...

anonymous.. u are ?
Curious
Richi Bravo.... declaration

Richie said...

Anonymous ~ you sound profounding. maybe u can express in a simple manner?

Darl ~ i took a huge risk, though i didnt wish to initially.

DARLing said...

Glad u took it right
DId u ?

Richie said...

Darl ~ I am real glad and didnt regret it. The air is cleared.

DARLing said...

Good. Finally is offload and not BOthered by this,
Keep smiling.
DOnt fake it..
LOL

Richie said...

Darl ~ fake about?

DARLing said...

the smile la.. but now i know u only fake upon some FAKE people