Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bidding Farewell

I felt very emotional to see Komoco building for the last day, as I reached office early. No one has arrived and I closed my eyes to visualise the office scene which I am used to. My fren did told me that I would be missing alot of the good memories. Anyway, memories are meant to be kept. The first surprise of the day was the gift presented to me by my financial controller and regional finance manager. Both of them appreciated my services for the company, and wanted me to study well to get my ACCA soon. I offered to buy some old and new colleagues lunch at Mac Ridout Gardens. Everyone was teasing me about becoming a wealthy man in the years to come. I hope it will come true eventually. After we are back, I was still occupied with teaching and the ladies are panicking.

At about 4pm, I had to forgo all my tasks and went around the building to see other colleagues. First stop is the Chrysler Jeep showroom. All the sales personnel, including the sales manager, were waiting there. Some of the females sprayed their strongest perfume on purpose and hugged me tightly, as they knew I am sensitive to their scent. Naughty Carol planted a big kiss on my cheeks, and I was blushing totally. It has been frustrating to handle their cases, but I will miss their cheerfulness. They got me a big gift nicely wrapped up and I thanked them for their warmth farewell. My sales manager also gave me a BIG bear hug and I could hardly breathe for a moment. Haha. He can be a nuisance, but we managed to work well despite our differences. 2nd stop is the service centre. The mechanics and service manager took turns to wish me well before I headed back to my own department. It is knocking off time and my colleagues also wished me the best and not forget them. I assured them that I wont for sure. On behalf of the majority whom I know, the secretary presented me with another gift which all of them have contributed. Totally loss of words, as the previous colleagues who left didnt get all this treatment. I couldn't say farewell to everyone due to my time constraint. I had no choice but to pen an email to bid farewell before i depart. Nice to have all these happenings on my last day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great thing! You had the warmest farewell!

At least, it shows you are very much appreciated for your past contributions and kindness to extend your service to help them.

Think you must be a cute and lovable guy to be so well-liked! Hehe

Richie said...

I hope to offer my services to a deserving company soon. any offers?

Dun tease me. I am not cute but serious mostly. Most people find me easy going and comfortable working with.

Anonymous said...

I am "no company" so "no offers!"

Hmmm...you will be able to survive at any place you work with your easy going character.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone


http://www.BuySellDirect.net is like having a FREE advance ebay to sell your new or used products.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net 100% free service is all you need to sell your products to your local and/or international market..