Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Operational Readiness

Heard bad news this morning about my colleague being admitted into SGH. It was expected to happen, but no one expected it to be so sudden. My manager came to my desk and told me this. I knew she was going to tell me to extend to help to cover the duties in his absence. I gave her a blank stare. She mentioned she has no choice but to approach my help, as I was the only one who have done his work before. With no new job offers, I am in a neutral position on whether I can extend further. Many of my colleagues would be happy if I stay on, as we will still be lunch partners. There is another group who feels i should go. Why is my first resignation so hard to implement? But, it is understandable, given the opportunities which I had in the company. The work is manageable and I shall be able to help them in some way. I need to discuss with the management on their backup plans tomorrow. Nevertheless, my Genting Trip will not be affected by this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There you see! I told you the other day that this will happen. You sounded very much like you will stay. Oh no, plssssssss!!

Stay at home and concentrate on your studies and have ample time to look for a good job is definitely gonna be more worth while.

Anonymous said...

There you see! I told you the other day that this will happen. You sounded very much like you will stay. Oh no, plssssssss!!

Stay at home and concentrate on your studies and have ample time to look for a good job is definitely gonna be more worth while.

Richie said...

Bypass ~ Thanks for the concern. I am not staying anymore. Do i know u in msn?

Anonymous said...

I so happy and glad to hear that, Richie.

Nope, not thru msn. I was supposed to look for a friend's blog, and I do not how I ended up in yours. So I read your posts and gave you my two cents worth. Which is why I named myself as 'bypass'.